Saturday, May 21, 2005

Picnic In the Park


There are days when the term "thank god it's Friday" just makes perfect sense.

After a week of work, surgery and poor weather, it was time for a break. With the sun shining bright and warm, Joe and I got into the car and headed down to Delaware Park for a father/son picnic. Joe was excited as he opened his happy meal and saw that he had gotten a Yoda figurine from his Happy Meal.

Laying on the grass I had a moment of perfect clarity and peace. Offer me the world, and I wouldn't trade it for being right there, right then. There was nothing else that could have been more perfect than sharing a meal with Joe, soaking up the sunshine and the surroundings. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Sadly for Joe, he lost Yoda while playing in the park. The boy is good. Instead of crying or screaming, he simply retraced his steps and sadly accepted that Yoda was gone. He's a good boy who handles disappointment well. Somewhere, Somehow I'll have to get him another one.

Now it's the weekend. A time to kick off the shoes and enjoy my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home