Sunday, June 26, 2005

Scenes From Summer

Can there be any, and I mean any, better season than summer? Baseball games, bike riding, berry picking, exploring, parks, zoos and cramming as much fun in as one can.



It's the 21st century and that means being safe. No unsafe playground equipment, no fatty foods, and be sure to be protected if you're doing dangerous activities like going outside. The safety vest is for, I assume, the dangers of flash flooding.



Sitting in the stands as the Buffalo Bisons played the Durham Bulls. A warm summer night, with a cool breeze coming off the lake. A boy on the lookout for foul balls, and a beer in hand. There's a reason, you know, why this kind of evening is classic Americana.



I'm jealous of kids sometimes. When I'm driving to work and I see a sprinkler, my first thought isn't to hop out and get soaked. My loss. Doesn't it look refreshing?



This is what really matters. A day spent with my son. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home